Ever wanted to give coaching a go?
WestCycle are providing the opportunity for keen participants to gain coaching skills through a skills instructor course on 17 February. Participants will be provided with an introduction on the basics of teaching cycling, including planning, implementation, analysis and revision of beginner and intermediate cycling coaching sessions. The course will go for one day and is delivered by the constituent federations (State and Territory Sporting Organisations) of Cycling Australia.
The session will take place at Hollywood Primary School from 9am with Peter Turnbull presenting the course.
Date: Saturday, 17 February 2018.
Location: Hollywood Primary School Address: 117 Monash Ave, Perth WA 6009
Cost: $150 +or minus $25.00 depending on number of participants- will be invoiced by WestCycle.
Presenter: Peter Turnbull Please bring your own food and drinks.
Pre-requisites Candidates are required to:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be a financial member of Cycling Australia (CA).
- Hold a current Apply First Aid Certificate or equivalent
- Have a valid Working With Children Check, relevant to your state/ territory
At the successful completion of the training course, the coach will be able to:
- Establish and maintain safe traffic-free and low traffic coaching environments for riders and others by applying appropriate risk management
- Identify and utilise the appropriate components of cycling clothing and equipment that are required for safe and effective participation in traffic-free and low traffic coaching sessions
- Identify the correct skills used for traffic-free and low traffic environments and analyse and develop a rider’s performance
- Plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective coaching sessions that meet the demands of safe traffic-free and low traffic cycling
- Be an advocate for safe cycling training
- Identify appropriate opportunities for cycling participation in the community
The Coaching Course The course is an interactive and practical course that introduces participants to the basics of coaching and cycling techniques and equipment Participants are asked to bring a helmet and a bike (which is in good working order) and to dress in suitable and comfortable clothing for both coaching and cycling. The course is one day of face-to-face training that includes discussion, presentations and workshop activities, as well as a number of practical coaching modules Following course enrolment, participants will receive links to two online resources (activity book and manual) which you will be asked to review prior to the course. You will also receive a hard copy of the ASC Beginning Coaching Manual on course For further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org