As part of the Roe Street enhancement project, Civcon have scheduled day and night works to upgrade critical infrastructure, which includes large scale and complex works to cater for the City’s growth.
What is happening and when?
Civcon will commence construction activities westbound on Roe Street between William Street and Beaufort Street on 27th May 2022 to 1st July 2022, the planned construction activities will include:
- Installation of Granite Kerbing
- Asphalt resurfacing
What will the impacts be?
- There will be an increase in noise and dust however this will be kept to a minimum and noise levels will be maintained in accordance with the Environmental Protection (Noise) Regulations 1997 (the Regulations)
- Removal of the westbound movement on Roe Street between William and Beaufort Street
- Reduced footpath width throughout construction; and
- Installation of temporary construction fencing.
- Access to the CPP Car Park will be available at all times
The Below image, outlines the impacts and detours in place for Cyclists
There will be a requirement to perform certain activities outside of normal working hours in order to:
- Reduce the impact on pedestrians;
- Reduce the impact on businesses; and
- Provide a safe working environment for our personnel.
Temporary road/lane closures and detours
It is important to note that access to businesses and pedestrian crossings will be maintained at all times during normal working hours (7am – 5pm) or as required and traffic detours will be in place for the duration of the works.
Who to contact?
We are committed to working with stakeholders to minimise the impacts of this essential work and everything possible will be done to minimise disruption. While we will endeavor to complete the work as quickly as possible if you have any concerns, please refer to:
Civcon Senior Project Engineer – Marinko Knezovic – 0478 761 817
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org