WestCycle has been contacted by the alliance responsible for the Bayswater Station Project with the following update on activities impacting cyclist travel in the area:
2 to 8 March 2023 – King William Street/Whatley Crescent intersection closure
What we are doing:
- installing overhead line equipment
- installing the frame and canopy for the elevated Principal Shared Path (PSP)
- steel works for the PSP
- pouring concrete for new station platforms.
- Thursday 2 March, 7pm to Wednesday 8 March, 5am.
- King William Street closed between Whatley Crescent and Railway Parade
- Railway Parade eastbound traffic only between Coode and Drake streets
- Beechboro Road local traffic only between Drake and Clavering streets
- See map overleaf.
What to expect:
- out-of-hours works to approved noise and vibration management plan
- pedestrian and cyclist access across the rail line via the Leake Street underpass. Traffic controllers will be in place before and after school hours
- changed traffic conditions including detours – follow on road signage
- disruptions to bus routes 48, 998 and 999 – see transperth.wa.gov.au for details
- intermittent noise, dust, vibration and light spillage from construction activities
- heavy equipment, vehicles and workers accessing the areas.
Who to contact out-of-hours:
- for out-of-hours enquiries, phone 9483 6550.