As you all are most likely aware, beginning at 6pm tonight, the whole Perth metropolitan area, the Peel region and the South West region will be going into a full lockdown. This lockdown will run until 6pm on Friday.
In line with the announcement earlier this afternoon by the Chief Health Officer and Police Commissioner, the following measures will be put in place from 6pm for people in Perth, Peel and the South West:
– Shopping for essentials like groceries, medicine and necessary supplies.
– Medical or health care needs including compassionate requirements and looking after the vulnerable.
– Exercise, within their neighbourhood, but only with one other person and only for one hour per day.
– Work, where you cannot work from home or remotely.
If you do leave home, for one of the four reasons you will be required to wear a mask at all times outside
This lockdown will see the closure of:
– Pubs, bars and clubs
– Gyms and indoor sporting venues
– Playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor recreational facilities
– Cinemas, entertainment venues, and casinos
– Large religious gatherings and places of worship
– Libraries and cultural institutions
As stated above, exercise is allowed within your residing neighbourhood, but only with one person and only for one hour per day. Riding is a great way to continue to exercise but please note; masks are to be worn at ALL times when outside of your place of residence. This also means, NO group riding, or riding outside of your residing neighbourhood.
In regards to the definition of your “residing neighbourhood’ we are following advice from the WA Government, stating that you are to only exercise within a 5km radius of your home.
We will be providing more information as it becomes available.
We ask for you to all adhere to the rules and guidelines set by the WA Government, Chief Health Officer and Police Commissioner.