Closes 10 September 2019
The City of Bayswater is seeking feedback on the key aspects of the draft Morley Activity Centre Streetscape Plan.
The Morley Activity Centre Streetscape Plan aims to provide the City of Bayswater with a consistent concept for implementing future streetscape works throughout the Morley Activity Centre.
To summarise, the draft plan identifies opportunities to create more usable, people first, public spaces, that could include:
- Pedestrian and cycle priority to streets in city core. This would include safe and dedicated bike paths on all major connecting streets. Paths are buffered by vegetation and clearly marked through surface treatments allowing the network to be used by those of all cycling levels.
- Safe, comfortable and vibrant spaces and nodes for both day and night activity
- Increased vegetation with lush and tree-lined streets to increase shade and reduce the urban heat island effect.
The streetscape plan will address five main streets and entryways within the Morley Activity Centres being;
- Progress Street
- Bishop Street
- Russell Street (between Broun Avenue and Rudloc Road)
- Rudloc Road (between Coode Street and Russell Street)
- Collier Road (between Walter Road West and Broun Avenue)
To read the draft plan and to provide your feedback, please visit https://engage.bayswater.wa.gov.au/draft-morley-activity-centre-streetscape-plan
Phone: 08 9272 0616
Disclaimer – Please use this information as a guide and check the project website for up-to-date information