Leach Highway and Welshpool Road Interchange.
A section of Welshpool Road will be closed at the intersection with Leach Highway to enable roadworks.
- Welshpool Road will be closed between John Street and Ewing Street North from 8pm on Friday 8 April to 5am Monday 11 April.
- Detours and signage will be in place.
- Local traffic will be allowed in by traffic controllers when possible. Signage will advise that businesses on Welshpool Road are open for business.
Detours from Leach Highway
Leach Highway (northbound or southbound) traffic wishing to turn east onto Welshpool Road, use Orrong Road and Kewdale Road (Detour 1, Map 1).
Leach Highway traffic (northbound) wishing to turn west onto Welshpool Road, use Albany Highway, Ewing Street South and Sevenoaks Street. (Detour 2, Map 1).
Leach Highway traffic (southbound) wishing to turn west onto Welshpool Road, use Manning Road, Hamilton Street, Albany Highway, Ewing Street South and Sevenoaks Street (Detour 3, Map 1).
Detours from Welshpool Road
Welshpool Road westbound traffic wishing to turn north or south onto Leach Highway, use Kewdale Road and Orrong Road (see detour 1, Map 2).
Welshpool Road traffic (eastbound or westbound) wishing to continue travelling on Welshpool Road use John Street, Railway Parade and Radium Street (See detour 2, Map 2).
Welshpool Road eastbound traffic wishing to turn south on Leach Highway, use Sevenoaks Street, Ewing Street South and Albany Highway (see detour 3, Map 2).
How will you be affected?
- Motorists should allow additional time for their journey if travelling in the area.
- Pedestrians and cyclists will be unable to cross Welshpool Road at the roundabout. Taxis will be provided to take pedestrians along road detours. Cyclists will be detoured along the Railway Parade Principal Shared Path and local roads.
- We thank you for your patience during these works.
What traffic measures will be in place?
Detour signs and traffic management will be in place to direct traffic along the detours.
How do I find out more about the project?
To stay up to date with the project, please subscribe to receive email notifications or visit our Leach Highway and Welshpool Road Interchange project webpage.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com or call 138 138. For more information, visit www.mainroads.wa.gov.au