CycleSport WA encourages all riders to aspire to ride in National Events. It improves your abilities and is an annual goal for all those long miles training. The friends you make across Australia and the World will stay with you forever. We have a strong contingent of WA riders attending Nationals in Junior Road and track and Senior track teams. We encourage individuals to attend National Seniors and Under 19 Road Events and Masters Road and Track Events. There is the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries support for some part of the State Development pathway. Consult their website for details.
Team WA Opportunities
Cycling Australia U17 & U15 Track National Championships, 3-6 April 2019 at the Anna Meares Velodrome, QLD
EOI will be sent out prior to the announcement of 2019/20 series calendar
Representing your State and wearing the black and gold is a significant achievement in any cyclist’s career. The experience gained from being part of State Team will be one that is never forgotten and should be regarded as a milestone moment.
Fact Sheet available soon
CYCLESPORT WA STATE TEAM SELECTION
CycleSport WA supports fair selection of athletes for State Teams and Squads. They will be selected for the following events:
- Australian Track Cycling Championships (Elite , Under 19)
- Australian Track Cycling Junior Championships (U17 and U15)
- Australian Under 17 and Under 15 Road Cycling Championships
State Team Selection Panel
- WAIS Head Coach -Interim Andrew Jackson (Present-April 2019) – Matt Crampton April 2019-onwards
- WestCycle Representative Selector – TBA early 2019
- Appointed Selector Track- Chris Pratley
- Appointed Selector Road – TBA early 2019
State Team Selection Policy
2019 State Team Selection Policy currently being developed.
National Junior Track Series
The National Junior Track Series is an excellent initiative by Cycling Australia to help young riders make the transition to elite racing. Open to U15 and U17s it is ideal for riders that have not had the opportunity to race at a national level previously, developing much-needed skills, confidence and track craft.
Click here to view the NJTS Handbook outlining the Event details.
Cycling Australia’s link to the National Junior track Series click here
CycleSport WA supports the event in the following ways:
- Encouraging Clubs to organise a team to travel and experience the NJTS
- Appointing a Local NJTS Co-ordinator to field questions and distribute Event Information, forms etc
- Promoting news about the event- deadlines, links and results.
- We are sorry but there is no money available for this project. We suggest contacting your club or your local shire or the Henk Vogels Cycling Foundation.
Clubs and Parents can organise their team to attend the events, including logistics:
- Transport and bike travel
- Event Entry
- all expenses and account
It is important to note that all Cycling Australia Members should act in accordance with their code of conduct. CycleSport WA abides by Working with Children Check legislation and its requirements.