ON DAY INFORMATION
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Is this event a race? Do I need a license to enter?
This event is NOT a race, challenge your family or mates, work on your PB, use it as a training ride or relax and enjoy the social atmosphere amongst friends and family as you experience all the hills has to offer, the choice is yours.
We recommend choosing your distance according to what you would like to get out of the event.
A license is not required to participate in this event. We strongly recommend that riders become a WestCycle Premium Ride Member to ensure they are covered 24/7 for personal accident and public liability whenever and wherever they ride, including at events such as the Dams Challenge and the Kalamunda 100. You can find out more and become a member HERE to receive discounted entry pricing and access to the exclusive Couch to Dams training and discount program.
- When does entries for Round Two close?
- Entries for the Act Belong Commit Heritage Gravel close at midnight Wednesday13th October, 2021
- I need to make a change to my entry?
- No problem. Sign in to your entry any time HERE. Changes to your entry may be made up until midnight on Wednesday 13th October, 2021.
- How can I get to the event? Will parking be available?
- The Perth Hills is approximately 20km from the Perth CBD. With the Event Village Located on the Corner of Balfour Street and Buninyong Road, Swan View
Please allow at least one hour to travel, park and register at the Event Village. Free parking will be available at the Event Village. Please be cautious when warming up, and riding to and from the start line as there may be increased traffic on the roads.
- How can I stay up to date with the latest Heritage Gravel Grind Event information?
- Please follow us on social media @WestCycle MTB to stay up to date with all things Heritage Gravel Grind. We will also keep this webpage regularly updated in the lead up to the event. All registered participants will receive regular emails leading in to the event with any relevant information they’ll need to know.
- RegisterNow is not recognising me as a WestCycle Member?
- When entering The Act Belong Commit Heritage Gravel Grind, you need to ensure that your entry details replicate exactly what is listed in your WestCycle Membership account. This includes case sensitivity.
You can access your membership account HERE. Otherwise please feel free to contact our team, and we can provide you with your account details. Please email the following email address, email@example.com
- What are the event Terms and Conditions?
- The Act Belong Commit Heritage Gravel Grind Terms and Conditions can be found HERE
- What type of bike and equipment will I need?
- Compulsory equipment:
- A legal Gravel/CX/Mountain Bike
- Adaptive Bike
- eBikes are welcome – please specify that you will be riding an eBike when entering
- All types of bicycles are allowed, however make sure to consider the distance and intensity of your chosen ride when selecting the kind of bicycle you will use. A Mountain Bike is strongly recommended
- A helmet (Australian Standard)
- Puncture repair kit including spare tube(s)
- 2 x drink bottles
- Extra food supplies
- Bike Bell
Strongly recommended equipment:
- Mobile phone
- Credit card or cash in case of emergency
- A white front and red rear light
- I can no longer attend. Can I get a refund?
- WestCycle has a strict no refund policy for The Act Belong Commit Heritage Gravel Grind
You may transfer your entry to another rider or WestCycle Event. Please contact WestCycle if you wish to transfer an entry to another rider.
- Will there be an event briefing?
- Yes. An on-day briefing will also be held prior to the start of each event category.
Please make sure to read the Rider Guide which will be uploaded to The Act Belong Commit Heritage Gravel Grind website and emailed to all registered riders prior to the event. This will contain all the information you will need to get the most out of the event.