Round Five: The Numbat Cup 2019 proudly presented by WA Cyclocross on behalf of Perth MTB Club The Numbat Cup is the no-nonsense Cyclocross (CX) state series. No big cash prizes, no professional setups -
Round Five: The Numbat Cup 2019
proudly presented by WA Cyclocross on behalf of Perth MTB Club
The Numbat Cup is the no-nonsense Cyclocross (CX) state series. No big cash prizes, no professional setups – just pure racing for fun! Local parks, local riders, and local businesses support it. There’s a grade for everyone, and you can race on any bike you choose. Don’t try it if you don’t like having fun!
- Seniors: $25 (as this location doesn’t have toilets we have to bring them in, hence the extra $5)
- Race & Vol: – $15 if volunteering at this race course pull down doesn’t constitute volunteering. If that’s all you can do just wait until the volunteering entry has closed then sign up at $25, your help at pack up is still greatly appreciated however help at set up is golden.
- Kids: – $10 per plate (on the day and keep for the series) – no need to pre-register – relevant license required (see below) no timing or placing will be recorded, please refer to The WACX Philosophy
- Men’s Categories: – CX-Elite, CX-B, CX Masters (+40) B, CX-C, CX Masters (+40) B, Open (any bike or +35mm tyre width)
- Women’s Categories: – CX-Elite, CX-B, CX-C
- Kid’s Categories: – kidz – any bike U13 – must have a valid MTBA/CA license
- Bikes Men: – Elite and B/C and Masters (+40) races are for CX bikes ONLY (note: max 33mm tyres & drop handle bars), Open is for any bike (inc MTB, gravel, monster cross etc bikes).
- Bikes Women: – Elite is for CX bikes ONLY, B & C grades are for any bike (inc CX bikes)
- The WACX Philosophy: The Numbat Cup is all about inclusion, challenging yourself and having fun.
|Main Activity||Start Time||Duration||Finish Time|
|Arrive – and general chin wag||0800||15||0815|
|Course outline and construction tips||0815||15||0830|
|Course set up – the best part of the day||0830||2:30||1100|
|Kids (U13) any bike – must wear helmet (please write names on number plate)||11:00||20||12:25|
|Kids (U13) – Presentations Course adjustment and free practice||11:30||20||1150|
|CX C CX Bike Only, CX-Masters C +40 CX Bike Only and Open (any bike with +35mm tyres) (30mins)||12:00||30||12:30|
|CX B CX Bike Only and CX-Masters B +40 CX Bike Only (40 mins)||12:50||40||13:30|
|CX W Elite CX Bike Only (45 mins) & CX WB (approx 40 mins), CX WC (30 mins)||13:45||45||14:30|
|CX Elite CX Bike Only (50 mins)||14:45||50||15:35|
|Course pull down – all help appreciated||1540||35||1615|
|Mens, Womens & Masters Presentations – All grades, so hang around and heckle some more||1620||10||1630|
|Relax, reflect and enjoy and help finish pack-up/clean-up||1630||45||1715|
Perth Mountain Bike Clubinfo@perthmtb.asn.au