Round Eight: The Numbat Cup 2019 proudly presented by WA Cyclocross on behalf of Perth MTB ClubThe Numbat Cup is the no-nonsense Cyclocross (CX) state series. No big cash prizes, no professional setups -
Round Eight: The Numbat Cup 2019
proudly presented by WA Cyclocross on behalf of Perth MTB Club
The Numbat Cup is the no-nonsense Cyclocross (CX) state series. No big cash prizes, no professional setups – just pure racing for fun! Local parks, local riders, and local businesses support it. There’s a grade for everyone, and you can race on any bike you choose. Don’t try it if you don’t like having fun!
Acknowledgement to Country
We acknowledge the Ballardong Noongar people as the traditional owners of the land on which this event is held. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging as the holders of memories, traditions and culture of Ballardong Noongar Budjar [Country]
- Seniors: $25 (as this location doesn’t have toilets we have to bring them in, hence the extra $5)
- Race & Vol: – $15 if volunteering at this race course pull down doesn’t constitute volunteering. If that’s all you can do just wait until the volunteering entry has closed then sign up at $25, your help at pack up is still greatly appreciated however help at set up is golden.
- Kids: – $10 per plate (on the day and keep for the series) – no need to pre-register – relevant license required (see below) no timing or placing will be recorded, please refer to The WACX Philosophy
- Men’s Categories: – CX-Elite, CX-B, CX Masters (+40) B, CX-C, CX Masters (+40) B, Open (any bike or +35mm tyre width)
- Women’s Categories: – CX-Elite, CX-B, CX-C
- Kid’s Categories: – kidz – any bike U13 – must have a valid MTBA/CA license
- Bikes Men: – Elite and B/C and Masters (+40) races are for CX bikes ONLY (note: max 33mm tyres & drop handle bars), Open is for any bike (inc MTB, gravel, monster cross etc bikes).
- Bikes Women: – Elite is for CX bikes ONLY, B & C grades are for any bike (inc CX bikes)
- The WACX Philosophy: The Numbat Cup is all about inclusion, challenging yourself and having fun.
|Main Activity||Start Time||Duration||Finish Time|
|Arrive – and general chin wag||0800||15||0815|
|Course outline and construction tips||0815||15||0830|
|Course set up – the best part of the day||0830||2:30||1100|
|Kids (U13) any bike – must wear helmet (please write names on number plate)||11:00||20||12:25|
|Kids (U13) – Presentations Course adjustment and free practice||11:30||20||1150|
|CX C CX Bike Only, CX-Masters C +40 CX Bike Only and Open (any bike with +35mm tyres) (30mins)||12:00||30||12:30|
|CX B CX Bike Only and CX-Masters B +40 CX Bike Only (40 mins)||12:50||40||13:30|
|CX W Elite CX Bike Only (45 mins) & CX WB (approx 40 mins), CX WC (30 mins)||13:45||45||14:30|
|CX Elite CX Bike Only (50 mins)||14:45||50||15:35|
|Course pull down – all help appreciated||1540||35||1615|
|Mens, Womens & Masters Presentations – All grades, so hang around and heckle some more||1620||10||1630|
|Relax, reflect and enjoy and help finish pack-up/clean-up||1630||45||1715|
All Day (Sunday)
Perth Mountain Bike Clubinfo@perthmtb.asn.au