The overall objective of the Commission is to be the representative voice of Women in cycling in the context of road and track and to advise Cyclesport WA on a range of topics to assist in the advancement of women’s cycling throughout Western Australia.
The key objectives of the Commission are, but not limited to:
- Advise on point four of the CycleSportWA Strategic Plan 2016 – 2020 | Diversity and Inclusion
- Advise on increasing the participation of Women in events
- Advise on regulations for Women’s events
- Advise on increasing the membership of CSWA of Women
- Advise on increasing the number of Women within High-Performance programs.
- Advise on creating a culture that is attractive for Women to participate in the management and Governance of CycleSportWA
- Advise on creating a culture that is attractive for Women to participate in cycling and racing events in WA
- Seek input and feedback from the cycling community to form opinions on topics presented to the Commission for feedback.
- Make recommendations to the Board of CycleSport WA via the CEO with Meeting minutes and associated reports.
- Provide feedback to the Cycling Australia Women’s Commission representatives on appropriate matters.
The terms of reference for the Women’s Commission are available HERE