Forming a cycling club and formalising a group of like-minded riders is a great idea. With this comes support from CycleSport WA the State Sporting Association for Cycling. We encourage people to join existing clubs but your group may have a unique reason for forming a club.
1) An application for membership as a Club must be in writing.
2) Read through the CSWA Constitution here.
3) Read through the CSWA By-Laws here.
4) The application must include the following information, as stated in the Constitution and By-Laws:
- A list of all Individual Members – Showing their full names, addresses, telephone numbers, ages and dates of birth.
- The objects of the club.
- Location where the club will be based.
- Contact person, the names of the office holders of the Club – Club Affiliation Form.
- A Business Plan to attract and retain members, and raise funds
- Club colours (if any); and logos, and club kit designs (if you have them)
- A copy of the Club’s constitution – The club must be an Incorporated Association prior to submitting its application. (Click here to see DOCEP about Associations)
- Any other information reasonably required by the Board.
5) Once all above documents have been submitted the application will be reviewed by the Board and the club will be notified on the status of the application.
6) If successful, the club will be granted Provisional Affiliation (see By-Laws to see what that means in full) and will need to return the following documents which will be sent via email once affiliation has been granted:-
- Payment of annual affiliation fees ($350 for Metropolitan Clubs and $175 for Regional Clubs) – Club will be issued with an invoice.
- Banking details
- Club Fee Request Form – This is essentially what you as a club want to charge as your “club fee” for each membership category. This will be reimbursed to you as members sign up online.
- Club Committee Details Form
- CycleSport WA Affiliation Form
- CycleSport WA Club Activity & Membership Form
- Once the club has been set up to take online memberships, the club president and office bearers will be issued with login details to access your membership database through- IMG Sports Technology Group.
- Training will be provided to the club office bearers on how to use the IMG System to its full potential.
- CycleSport WA will promote your club, rides and activities online. We support you and advocate for you.
- Other information regarding Membership, events and Insurance will be issued once the club is affiliated. To view information regarding membership, please visit the “membership” section on the Cycling Australia website.
- The insurance cover for Cycling Australia, BMXA and MTBA members will cover you 24/7 on the bike and includes personal accident, public liability & loss of income benefits. Download the Summary of Insurance Cover (as of 2017).