Friday 15th – Sunday 24th March 2019
Bike Week is Western Australia’s annual celebration of people riding bikes for transport, fun and healthier lifestyles.
If you have always wanted to reacquaint yourself with your bike or even try riding for the first time, a diverse lineup of events will be held across metropolitan and regional Western Australia.
Bike Week is a great opportunity to meet your local bike riding community or ride with your coworkers or schoolmates in a friendly, supportive and fun environment.
Fun for all
For over 30 years, Bike Week has been encouraging people of all ages and abilities to ride a bike to school, work, the train station, the shops, the local park, community centre and other local areas of interest. In particular, Bike Week is perfect to introduce new riders to bike riding, improve the skills and confidence of novice riders and increase the awareness of local bike infrastructure and bike routes.
So whether you ride a little, a lot or you haven’t been on a bike in years, Bike Week features a diverse lineup of events across metropolitan and regional Western Australia offering something for everyone from casual bike riders and regular commuters to children, families, seniors and everyone in-between.
Bike Week Grants Program
The Department of Transport’s Bike Week Grant Program offers financial support to local councils, workplaces, schools, community groups and cycling clubs to run events in their community.
Grants of between $150 and $2,000 are available from the Department of Transport to host Bike Week 2019 events, from a total funding pot of $38,000.
WestCycle, Western Australia’s peak body for cycling, is partnered with the Department of Transport to deliver Bike Week 2019 and coordinate the grants program.
The primary aim of Bike Week 2019 is to promote and encourage riding for transport, fun and/or for a healthier lifestyle.
Grants are open to organisations/groups across Western Australia including: community groups, local governments, workplaces, schools and bike groups.
The grants program for Bike Week 2019 will follow a different format from previous years and there will be three types of grants:
- Community Events – up to $2,000 – open to any organisations or groups applying to host a community Bike Week event that is open to the public.
- School Events – $200 – open to all schools and can be used for school activities, such as bike breakfasts, led bike rides, volunteer-led skills sessions, etc.
- Workplace Events – $150 to $250 – open to workplaces wanting to run a Bike Week event for their staff.
How to apply
- To start, we have put together the top 10 tips for a successful grant application. Download it HERE
- Download and read the Bike Week 2019 Grant Guidelines and Risk Assessment form below.
- Subscribe to the Bike Week WA mailing list and facebook page for additional tips and resources for writing successful Bike Week Grant Applications.
- Complete the Bike Week 2019 Grant Application Form before 5pm on Friday 2 November 2018 by clicking the below tiles.
Bike Week 2019 Grant Documents
Calling all Bike Week event suppliers, service providers and vendors
Bike Week event organisers have demonstrated their ability to run fantastic Bike Week events on very small budgets and appreciate any assistance, either financial or in-kind they can get from local businesses, suppliers and vendors.
These events need services such as:
- Catering/coffee vans
- Printing and Signage
- Professional bicycle advice and mechanical assistance
- Traffic Management
- Bike racks
- Tables, Chairs, the list goes.
Bike Week events are a great way to connect to bike riders in your local community, if you have a service that you can offer, provide volunteers or offer items for prizes, please complete the expression of interest form and detail the services you can offer, the cost (and if this is discounted for Bike Week events) the time, location, contact details and any other requirement, preference or condition.
There is no obligation and the intention is to provide event organisers with information on how they can make their event and grant application the best it can be.
To express your interest to be involved or provide details on your service, please complete the expression of interest form HERE.
For More Information
Phone: 6336 9688