The 2018 Cycling Australia Junior Road National Championships will be hosted in the stunning seaside City of Bunbury, with Western Australia hosting a national event for the first time in more than 20 years.
Bunbury will play host to more than 300 of Australia’s best junior cyclists as they battle for the coveted green and gold national champions jerseys in the time trial, road race and criterium across three days of racing. Bunbury is an excellent place, to live work and visit. There are many exciting events, experiences and projects happening in Bunbury. Bunbury is home to award-winning bars and hotels
Bunbury Mayor Gary Brennan said he was excited that Bunbury would be hosting the Junior National Cycling Championships.“It is a great honour to have Bunbury selected as the host city for the 2018 championships,” Mayor Brennan said. “It will bring a number of benefits to Bunbury – both economically and by encouraging participation in sports – not to mention showcasing our great city to visiting athletes and their friends and families who will get to experience the paradise that is our city.”
WestCycle CEO, Matt Fulton said “The City of Bunbury have been very supportive, both financially but also in their spirit of the event and wanting to get right behind it. The courses are truly spectacular and really showcase the best of what WA has to offer. The location will help WA set a new standard for national level events and continually put these opportunities on the calendar for our state.”
About the 2018 Junior Road National Championships
- Friday 21 to Sunday 23 September 2018
- Three disciplines: time trial, criterium and road race
- The first time Bunbury has hosted the Junior Road National Championships and the first time in more than 20 years a national level event has been held in Western Australia
- Entry numbers expected to exceed 300
- Presenting Partner: City of Bunbury
- Host Community Partner: Bunbury Geographe
- Key Event Partners: Seaview Apartments
- Friday, 21 September: Individual Time Trial – Bunbury
- Saturday, 22 September: Road Race – Dardanup
- Sunday, 23 September: Criterium – Bunbury
Accommodation Partner – Bunbury Seaview Apartments
Beautiful Bunbury accommodation directly afront Geographe Bay, minutes from Bunbury and the doorway to the magnificent South West.
Bunbury Seaview Apartments is brand new Bunbury accommodation designed with the perfect holiday in mind. Bunbury Seaview is perfectly situated directly across the road from Geographe Bay, the clear blue sea and magnificent beaches offer both serenity and excitement. There are multiple types of apartments to suit everyone, from single travellers to families. All Bunbury Seaview Accommodation is beautifully decorated and furnished and many have ocean views. Moments away from everything Bunbury and surrounds has to offer, Arts, crafts, dolphins, sights, wineries and much more!
Keep up to date
- Via the official website juniors.roadnationals.org.au
- Follow via Cycling Australia at Twitter, Facebook and Instagram or #JuniorRoadNats
Full details and to register