Today is a historic day for Mountain Biking in Western Australia with a HUGE $10million to be invested in trails in Collie. This will make it the biggest single investment in trails in Western Australia ever.
The package will create 100 kilometres of high-quality mountain bike trails through the river valley between Wellington National Park and the town of Collie. It includes:
- 65km of world-class ‘epic’ trails in the Wellington National Park;
- 35km of trails in the Westralia Conservation Park on the outskirts of Collie;
- A further 11km of trail in Arklow forest block near Collie;
- The realignment of 20km of the Munda Biddi cycle trail through the town of Collie;
- Completion of the 72km, five-day Wiilman Bilya walk trail around Wellington Dam from Collie around the Wellington National Park; and
- Infrastructure investment to establish a trail centre in the Collie town centre and secondary trails hubs at Wellington Dam kiosk and Westralia (including a Collie river crossing).
Read the full media release HERE
Photo & Video: Common Ground